I’m crazy about salads. It’s the one food item that I can practically eat any time, any day, especially during evenings when I want to have a light dinner. And since I’ve been watching my diet, I try to eat salads most nights of the week. But eating salad every night tends to get boring, so you need to spice up the variety for you to be able to sustain a healthy type of diet. Here are some of my favorite salads, very easy to prepare and very, very delicious;
- Baby spinach, cucumbers, avocado, grapes, roasted almonds and feta cheese, with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Tuna, black olives, corn, pasta, dried cranberries, cornichons, lemon, oil and salt.
- Arugula, white mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, strawberries, walnuts, with white balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Peas, corn, avocado, smoked turkey, cherry tomatoes, dried raisins, with balsamic vinegar, red curry and olive oil.
- Cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, Emmental cheese, avocado, dried cranberries, with lemon and oil.
- Lamb’s lettuce, cherry tomatoes, Halloumi cheese, roasted pine nuts, pomegranate, with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Tabbouleh: parsley, fresh mint, tomatoes, onions, salt, lemon, oil, pepper, lemon zest and cinnamon powder. I know Tabbouleh takes quite some time to prepare, so the best thing to do is bulk buy the parsley, have it washed, dried and chopped beforehand, then stored in a sealed Tupperware in the fridge. This way, you can easily add the rest of the ingredients anytime you feel like having Tabbouleh for dinner.
I’d love to hear your feedback on my salad picks. And you know me, always looking to try new mixtures, so please share with me your salad recipes!