It’s not easy thinking of a full dinner menu when you’re inviting people over to your house, especially when you don’t have time or resources to cook a full course meal. You also don’t want to propose the same items every time, or else dinners will tend to get dull from a food variety perspective. Even when it’s a simple cheese and wine, adding new appetizers every now and then will make it richer and more innovative in taste.
Here are 6 hors d’oeuvre that are very easy to prepare, and that will make your dinner stand out from the usual;
- Bruschetta of black olive paste – tapenade d’olive: simply cut a French white baguette into small slices and cover with a tapenade d’olive spread.
- Prosciutto and melon: cut the melon into large dices and wrap Parma ham pieces around them.
- Tartines of goat cheese and fresh mango: spread soft goat cheese on slices of white French baguette. Cut the mango into small dices and put on top of the goat cheese.
- Fresh salmon Carpaccio: get a piece of fresh salmon from the supermarket you usually buy your seafood from. Cut it into thin slices and serve them with soy sauce on the side.
- Canapés of red bell pepper paste: red bell pepper paste is absolutely delicious. It is sweet and creamy, and would be perfect served as a spread on soft white canapés.
- Verrines of avocado mousse and shrimps: for the mousse, mash 2 ripe avocadoes with salt, lemon juice and a dash of olive oil. Serve it in glass shots and dip a boiled shrimp in it.
Voilà! You now have 6 new hors d’oeuvre you can share with your guests at your next dinner. I would love to hear your ideas of hors d’oeuvre that I can prepare for my dinner invitations.